The Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G is one of the latest products from Guangdong Oppo Mobile Telecommunications Corporation Ltd, and it has been making waves in the smartphone market since its launch in March 2021.
This high-level smartphone has been designed with an excellent user interface, a powerful Qualcomm processor, and an impressive 512 GB worth of internal memory. Also, the recent Oppo Find X series include the Oppo Find X5 Pro 5G, Oppo Find X5 Lite 5G, Oppo Find X3 Neo 5G, and Oppo Find X3 Lite. The big question is: what makes the Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G stand out from the rest?
In this Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G review, I will be discussing all the key features that make the Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G a top-notch smartphone. Also, I will be sharing some insights into its performance, design, display, and battery life.
In addition, I will compare it to other phones in the Oppo Find X-series to determine if it is worth the money.
Please bear in mind that most of the insights I will be sharing are based on my personal experience from continuously testing the phone.
- Unboxing the OPPO Find X3 Pro 5G
- OPPO Find X3 Pro 5G Review: Design
- OPPO Find X3 Pro 5G Review: Display
- Camera Specs: OPPO Find X3 Pro 5G Review
- OPPO Find X3 Pro 5G Review: Performance
- OPPO Find X3 Pro 5G Review: Battery Life
- Sound Quality
- Buyer’s Guide
- Alternatives To Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G
- FAQs – OPPO Find X3 Pro 5G Review
- Images of the OPPO Find X3 Pro 5G
Unboxing the OPPO Find X3 Pro 5G
Unlike the Reno and the F-series, the Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G’s box comes in a grey colour. Listed below are the contents of the box:
- The Oppo Find X3 Pro smartphone (with curved edges and screen)
- A 65W power adapter
- SIM-eject tool
- A quick-start guide
- An international warranty service card
- A non-transparent phone case
- A Type-C USB 3.1 earphones
- A Type-C USB 3.1 cable.
OPPO Find X3 Pro 5G Review: Design
The most noticeable feature of the Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G is its design. Its curved front screen takes a peep into the future idea for screen design by employing a Gorilla Glass 5 protection in front, an aluminium frame, and a Gorilla Glass 5 at the back. This gives it an appealing design and affords you a great handling experience, combined with its lightweight design.
This phone is available in catchy colours like fog blue, glossy black and condensed white.
It also boasts of an IP58 water/dust resistant feature which can allow you to go for a swim with it and take photos and video records only at 1.5 m depth for about 30 minutes. A little over that will cause damage to the phone as its resistance threshold will have been breached.
OPPO Find X3 Pro 5G Review: Display
- Size: 6.7inches (108.4 cm2)
- Type: LTPO AMOLED display
- Refresh rate: 120Hz
- Screen brightness: 500 nits (typical); 1300 nits (peak)
- Aspect ratio: 20:9
- Pixel Density: 525 PPI
- Screen-to-body ratio: 89.6%
- Screen resolution: 1440 x 3216 pixels
- Panel type: Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
Camera Specs: OPPO Find X3 Pro 5G Review
The rear camera of the Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G is a quad camera setup with the following:
- 50 MP wide (f/1.8, 26 mm, 1/1.56″, 1.0 µm, multi-directional PDAF, OIS) camera
- 13 MP telephoto (f/2.4, 52 mm, 1/3.4″, 1.0 µm, 2x optical zoom, PDAF) camera
- 50 MP ultrawide (f/2.2, 16 mm, 110˚, 1/1.56″, 1.0 µm, multi-directional PDAF) camera
- 3 MP microscope (f/3.0, AF, ring flash, 60x magnification) camera
- Features of the rear camera include LED flash, HDR, and panorama.
- Video quality (rear camera): [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/240fps; gyro-EIS; HDR, 10‑bit video
- The front (selfie) camera is a single 32 MP wide (f/2.4, 26 mm, 1/2.8″, 0.8 µm) camera that features Panorama.
- Video quality (selfie): [email protected]
OPPO Find X3 Pro 5G Review: Performance
The performance of this phone is powered by its Android 11 operating system, which is the most used OS for phones in the Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G series. Although this OS is considered old and is open to version 13 (which is the latest version of Android OS), Android 11 is suitable for the performance and design of the Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G.
The Android 11 on this smartphone runs on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm) chipset which is considerably fast for a smartphone such as Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset is designed to enhance the performance of the phone by conserving its battery life, especially while browsing, gaming, and watching movies or making video recordings. This makes it a top competitor with Samsung’s Galaxy S21 Ultra and Apple’s iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- Memory: Unlike other smartphones in the Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G series, the memory of the Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G stands out, as it has one of the highest memory ranges available for smartphones, thus making the Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G highly competitive. It comes with the following memory range:
- 8 GB RAM + 256 GB built-in memory
- 12 GB RAM + 256 GB built-in memory
- 16 GB RAM + 512 GB built-in memory
- UFS 3.1
- Dimensions: 163.6 x 74.0 x 8.3 mm (6.44 x 2.91 x 0.33 inches)
- Weight: 193g (6.81oz)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Cortex-X1 & 3×2.42 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Adreno 660
- Available colours are fog blue, gloss black, and condensed white.
OPPO Find X3 Pro 5G Review: Battery Life
The Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G comes with a non-removable Li-Po battery with a 4500mAh capacity.
The battery of the Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G is equipped with a 65W wired fast charging rate, with which you get 40% battery life in 10 minutes. It also has a 30W wireless fast charging rate with which you get 100% battery life in 80 minutes and a 10W reverse charging rate.
With moderate or light usage, the battery life has an expected life span of 81 hours (about three and a half days). But with heavy usage, the battery can drain faster.
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Network Technology: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / CDMA2000 / LTE / 5G
- Network Speed: HSPA, LTE-A, 5G
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- Positioning: GPS (L1+L5), GLONASS (L1), BDS (B1+B1c+B2a), GALILEO (E1+E5a), QZSS (L1+L5)
- NFC: Yes
- Radio: No
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, OTG.
- Loudspeakers: Double stereo speakers (at the bottom) with consistent minimum and maximum volumes
- Audio Jack: Type-C USB 3.1 audio jack (instead of the typical 3.5 mm audio jack), accompanied by Type-C USB 3.1 earphones
- Microphone: The microphone is very good for live recording (video and audio) and is located at the bottom of the phone.
- The volume button is located on the left side, while the power button is located on the right side of the phone.
- Good overall tonal balance (for sound)
- Huge software improvement
- Lovely design – curved front glass
- Great ultrawide camera, colour-coordinated with the main one
- Solid 120Hz refresh rate
- Quite portable for ease of mobility
- 65W wired fast charging rate
- Four-level colour mode.
- Very pricey
- Its shiny finish is a fingerprint magnet
- Unavailable in the US
- Proper focusing with the Microlens camera is a struggle
- Battery life could be improved on for the capacity and display technology
- It does not come with an expandable memory (microSD card) slot.
Other features of the Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G include:
- SIM: Nano-SIM and eSIM (accompanied by IP58 water/dust resistant feature, which prevents the SIM slot from getting clogged by dust and damaged by water). The SIM slot is located at the bottom of the phone.
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under the display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, colour spectrum.
The design and build of the Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G give it an ultra-lightweight feel. Thanks to its weight of 193 grams, this phone is super-portable and easy to carry around.
The serviceability of Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G does not have a very wide reach in terms of its market, but it is highly serviceable.
The servicing of this phone can only be done in countries where the product is available and by professionals who deal with only Oppo products (especially in Asia and Europe).
The Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G comes in a Samsung-like price range which also is a bargain for the good qualities it features and offers. The price for the Oppo Find x3 Pro 5G ranges between $548 and $1289, depending on the specific version and its features. In other words, the higher the specifications, the higher the price.
The buying guide of the Oppo Find X3 Pro will give prospective buyers key factors to put into consideration to help determine if it is the best-suited phone for them:
- Display: The Oppo Find X3 Pro offers sharp and clear images with its QHD+ 120Hz OLED display. With the display of this phone, you are guaranteed an immersive viewing experience whether you are watching videos or playing games.
- Cameras: Apart from its double 50MP wide cameras, the Oppo Find X3 Pro strikes a distinctive impression with the introduction of the microlens. This is not common to a lot of smartphones within its range, and it adds another angle to your photography concepts.
- Battery Life: The 4500mAh battery capacity can last for an extended period of time, depending on usage. This means that you do not have to worry about charging your phone frequently, as you can enjoy a whole day of browsing and still have some battery life to spare. On a single full charge, it is expected to last for about 3 days, with the 65W fast charging enabled to give you 100% battery life in less than 45 minutes.
- Performance: The Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset processor makes it easy to handle games, especially heavy 3D games, without lagging. It also means you can multitask easily and efficiently without breaking a sweat.
- Phone software and updates: Originally built and running on the Android 11 OS is a plus, especially since it offers a system upgrade from Android 11 to 13 in three years.
You can make use of the quick-start guide to handle basic operations on your Oppo Find X3 Pro. In the event of complicated technical issues, apply your warranty guide if it is still within the warranty timeframe.
Alternatives To Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G
Let’s say you don’t fancy an experience with the Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G smartphone; you can try getting some user experience with smartphones that are within the range of the Oppo Find X3 Pro, such as:
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
- OnePlus 9 Pro
- Oppo Find X3
- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G
- Oppo Find X2 Pro
- Oppo Find X3 Neo.
In conclusion, this phone stands out as it assures users of a premium user experience. In fact, the Oppo Find X3 Pro 5G is a smartphone you will want to try out, as it is considered to be the smartphone with the third-best performance behind the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and the Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max in terms of browsing strength, colour variation, contrast, and battery current discharge.
FAQs – OPPO Find X3 Pro 5G Review
Q: Is the Oppo Find X3 Pro waterproof?
A: Dust and water or moisture are two elements that can disrupt the functionality of your Oppo Find X3 Pro smartphone. And that is why this smartphone has an IP58 water and dust-resistant feature. It is a good addition, but it is important to stay within the resistance limits (timeframe and depth for water).
Q: Is the Oppo Find X3 Pro worth buying?
A: Being at par with its features against the Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra is a clear indicator that the Find X3 Pro is arguably one of the best smartphones to hit the market in 2021. This shows that the Oppo Find X3 Pro comes packed with powerful features such as its battery life, display quality, water resistance, and portability, amongst many others.
Q: Should I charge my new Oppo phone for 8 hours?
A: It has become common practice for people who purchase new smartphones to drain the battery first before proceeding to charge the phone for about 8 -12 hours to ensure a longer life span for the battery. This was done for Nickel batteries mostly, but with the advent of Lithium-ion batteries, you need not stress the phone that way.